Yoga for Back & Neck with Ben: Reduce pain in neck, shoulders & back from poor posture when working from home
Bank Holiday Saturday 23rd May
Live Streamed with Oceanflow Yoga
Suitable for all, including beginners
YOGA FOR BACK AND NECK PAIN
Join Ben for an empowering workshop aimed at ‘creating space’ and ease of movement in our neck and back.
This interactive workshop will:
- Educate you on anatomy and what areas of the body need ‘activating and/or mobilising
- Provide you with a gentle routine to ease stiffness that can be done in the mornings or during a short break in the workday.
- Teach you how to ‘put the body back together’ for ease of movement.
- Learn functional ways to strength and stretch through your core/pelvic floor.
- How through introducing various gentle, fluid movements and changes in tempo we can transform our physique and strength for pain free living.
“We are stronger as a whole than the sum of our parts”
This session with be live streaming using Zoom so please create a free account and download the Zoom Meetings App in advance. We will send out class invites 60 minutes before – please check junk/spam folders and ring us on 07740649779 if not there. Please log into class 10 minutes before so we can start on time and please let me know in advance if you are recovering from any injuries etc.
Ben has been teaching fitness, therapy and wellness for over 25 years. His journey began as a professional athlete and as a graduate in sport and exercise science. After college Ben spent years teaching as a sports science consultant, personal trainer, presenter and sports coach.
As research into fascia began to emerge in the journals, Ben realised there was a lot more to biomechanics, the body and ‘health’. The body needs more variation to be resilient. Ben and his clients trained hard and ate well but were stiff, still had pain and struggled to cope with life’s stresses and body image. Ben spent the next decade personally exploring and presenting ideas on fascia somatic movement and training in Bowen Therapy.
It wasn’t until Ben went through personal strife and depression 6 years ago that Ben began to meditate regularly, and became interested in Buddhism’s methods of self inquiry. It was at this time Ben discovered yoga; a practice to improve both body and mind. Ben fuses his knowledge into teaching yoga that pays attention to alignment, rhythm and breath whilst challenging the body to move in fluid and unique ways, improving both strength and flexibility.