This warming soup sums up the richness and colours for the season. Make this a regular meal or snack in the late summer and soak up all the nourishment it provides your body, mind and soul!
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced (about 5 cups)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced (about 3 cups)
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped, (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken bone broth
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Start by warming the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté the onion and the carrot for about three to five minutes.
Next, add the squash and sweet potato to the pot and pour in the vegetable or chicken broth.
Then add the spices and salt and bring to a boil. Once it has started to boil, reduce to a simmer and cover while allowing it to cook for about twenty minutes or until all of the veggies are very tender.
Using an immersion blender or regular blender, puree the vegetables until a thick, smooth consistency is reached.
Pour in the coconut milk and continue to blend until it is mixed thoroughly. Serve warm with fresh sourdough bread and enjoy!