Hang on to the summer with a little taste of Caribbean sweetness! Raw, vegan and a lot of fun to make, see how long they’ll last in the fridge!
- 3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup extra unsweetened shredded coconut for rolling.
- 2 cups dried unsweetened mango and pineapple (soaked in some filtered water for about 1/2 an hour)
- 1/3 cup honey, agave or coconut nectar (add more to taste)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (in liquid form)
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- Place all the ingredients in your food processor (except the extra 1/3 cup of coconut) and pulse into well combined.
- You will know the mixture is ready when it congeals together and almost forms a ball.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and roll in shredded coconut.
- Freeze on a baking tray lined with parchment paper for about 20 minutes.
- Store in a container in the fridge.
- Makes about 30 depending on how large you like your balls!