We served these up for Halloween treats this year and they’re super easy and quick to make as well as delicious!
1 cup walnuts
½ cup hazel nuts
1 cup dried dates
½ tsp baking soda
Pinch of sea salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
I egg or chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds to 3 tbsp water let set)
¼ cup cacao nibs
¼ cup cacao powder
- Completely blend the walnuts, hazelnuts and cacao into a powder using a food processor or strong blender.
- Stir in salt and vanilla
- Add egg or chia egg and cacao nibs.
- Mix the ingredients until well combined forming dough like texture.
- Set up a baking tray using baking parchment and then taking a little more than a tbsp amount roll the mixture into a ball and press onto a baking tray. You should get between 12-14 cookies.
- Bake in the oven at 160 degrees for 12 mins. (Make sure you check on them so they do not burn.)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.