A regular yoga practice during pregnancy will bring many benefits including:
- Easing the aches and pains which accompany pregnancy through strengthening the hips, back, arms and shoulders
- Restoring balance to the body and mind through a combination of asanas (physical postures) and breathing techniques
- Relieving the tension in the neck, shoulders, chest, hips and lower back caused by carrying the extra weight of your baby
- Calming the mind and body through various Pranyama (breathing techniques) and Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Learning breathing techniques which will help to keep you relaxed during the birth contractions. A calm mama means a calm baby 🙂
- Creating YOU time. It is so important with the busy lives we lead to create some time in your week which is dedicated to restoring your energy levels and focusing on ensuring a healthy happy mum and baby.
Our prenatal yoga classes are designed to meet the ever-changing needs of women in all stages of pregnancy and are suitable for all experience levels including those who have never tried yoga before.