A great way to eat seasonally and suitable for any time of the day really! A tasty blend of oats, apple and other ingredients that help with digestion and great for adding fibre to your diet. Late Summer is all about enjoying what you eat and savouring the natural sweetness of the fruits and grains of the harvest.
Ingredients (makes 4):
- 1.5 cups/150g rolled or quick oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1¾ cups/420ml unsweetened almond milk (feel free to experiment with other milks!)
- ¼ cup/60ml apple juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 apples, cored and grated with the peel
- 1-2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- 500ml plain natural yogurt or dairy free alternative
- 1/2 teaspoon each of cinnamon & ginger
- Top with your favorite fresh and/or dried fruit, nuts, toasted coconut, etc.
- Combine oats, coconut, milk, apple juice, cinnamon, ginger and lemon juice and let sit overnight in the fridge covered.
- In the morning (or later!) add the grated apple, honey (to taste) and mix well.
- Layer a few spoons of yogurt on top and then fruit and other toppings